- You must REGISTER first, before anything else, and accept the Terms of Agreement, in order to attend all our activities (including the free activities).
- Pay your Event Fee when you receive your invoice (not before).
- Call the Event Hotel to book your hotel room using the Room Block Code, which will be distributed to Registrants in order of Event Fee payment date and time.
- Book a flight.
- Join our secret Facebook group to interact with other attendees & find roommates / rideshares.
- Take a peek at our Schedule for the weekend.
- Contact Us to offer to host an area excursion, perform at the Variety Show, or lead a dinner group.
- Check your email regularly for important announcements.
So let's begin - click the yellow button!
Below is a quick rundown of our planned weekend activities. You can also view the full Weekend Schedule.
- Nightly New Member Icebreakers
- Attendee-led area excursions
- HELP support meeting with JoAnn Purkey
- Thursday night Speed-Meet & Mixer
- Friday night Karaoke & Dance Party
- Saturday afternoon Pool Party & Variety Show
- Saturday Night Dinner Banquet & Costume Ball
- Nightly after-hours gatherings
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
NO WALLFLOWERS ON THE BEACH!
After you register, you'll receive a Welcome email, which contains instructions on how to join the Facebook group.
Write us at planners at friends on the beach dot org (replace "at" with "@" and replace "dot" with "." and take out ALL the spaces).
IMPORTANT REQUEST: to protect our group's security please don't re-post online, repeat, or email anything but the event's WEB ADDRESS: http://friendsonthebeach.org
this year's theme:
Sexiest . Funniest . Best Group
Best Use of Theme . Creative Cat Award
Jerry Francis Memorial Most Outrageous Award
You must REGISTER and PAY YOUR EVENT FEE to:
THE EVENT HOTEL HAS
RUN OUT OF ROOMS
Write us to get on the Hotel Room Waitlist!
THE DOLPHIN BEACH RESORT
- receive and be approved to use our group rate code to book your room.
- get on the final approval list so you don't lose that room!
4900 Gulf Boulevard
St. Pete Beach, Florida 33706
Our group rates (via phone only) expire October 6, 2016.
- STANDARD ROOM - $104
- POOLSIDE ROOM - $124
- OCEAN VIEW - $154
Tampa International Airport (TPA)
website | (813) 870-8700
Ground Transportation website
St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport (PIE)
website | (727) 453-7800
Ground Transportation website
WE ARE NO LONGER
as the Event is about to begin.
The Event is PRE-PAY only.
REGISTER ANYWAY to attend the free activities on the Weekend Schedule. Anything NOT in purple is free to attend.
We don't organize the non-payers' experience. But you're welcome to hang out!
- PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT IS PRE-PAY ONLY. NO PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE DOOR.
- You must register first to receive an Event Fee invoice with payment instructions.
- The event has a maximum capacity, so pay early. (You have been warned!)
- Your fee buys you an Event Wristband. Check the Weekend Schedule to identify the activities included with your Wristband.
- Your fee also gets you the Group Rate Room Block Code, so you can book your room at a discount.
- There are no partial fees for the event. However, several activities are free to attend.
We open several of our activities to non-paying visitors as a courtesy. Please be aware, however, that we do not expect to have time to organize things for the non-Fee folks. Thanks in advance for understanding.
Prices and Deadlines:
PAYMENT IS BY PAYPAL / CREDIT CARD ONLY. Other payment methods now cost too much to process. Sorry folks - we really do feel bad about this.
Please note: the name on your Paypal or credit card account must match the full legal name on your registration, and must be a personal, not a business, account.
- FULL EVENT FEE - $73.00 through 11:59 PM PST October 29, 2016.
- LATE BIRDS - $78.00 (within 24 hours of invoice) from October 30 through 11:59 PM November 1, 2016.
Refunds and Waitlists:
**Once again: there will be no walk-in payments accepted at the door. Please don't even ask!
- The deadline to request a refund of your Event Fee is also 11:59 PM PST October 29, 2016. The caterer needs a minimum headcount by then.
- After the final payment/refund deadlines (or after we sell out, whichever comes first), we'll start to accept names for both the Refund Waitlist and the Wristband Waitlist.
- We must honor the Waitlists, so we can't let you "sell" your Wristband to anyone else.
ALERT: giving away your - or sneaking in with someone else's - Wristband bans you from the event forever. It's a security issue. Don't do it.